Work Request Information and Store Policies
Thank you for trusting the folks at the Furniture Rescue Company with your furniture purchases and repairs. We will work closely with you to make sure that the items your purchase or the work we are performing is just what you’re looking for. Here are some things to keep in mind while we have your item(s).
- Repair Cost: Repairs are performed at $60/hour plus materials. There is a 1 hour labor minimum. If there is an amount which you wish not to exceed, please indicate that at the time of drop off.
- Return Policy: We Do Not Hold Items. If you purchase an item, you have 3 business days to request a full refund, if item remains in shop. All Sales Final for the Following: items removed from The Back Dorr, items with requested services (cleaning, repair, paint etc.), any Vendor sales.
- We are a family owned business and as such, our family schedule can, at times, disrupt our work flow. We always try to accommodate your schedule. If you need your item completed by a date certain, please communicate that clearly when the item arrives at our shop. Items typically are completed within a month, but this can fluctuate based on the number of items already in the queue. If you have not received a call that your item is complete, please e-mail us, shop@FrontPorchFurnitureRescue.com or call (703) 543-9248 to check on its progress.
- Delivery service is available for both pickup and delivery to your home for a fee. The delivery cost quoted is door to door service. Please have additional help at your location to get your furniture to and from your front door (or loading dock). If you do not have help and you need the assistance from the Furniture Rescue Company, there will be additional charges based on specific circumstances.
- All custom paint work requests include a single stock color, hand distressing (if requested), application of clear or dark wax and hand buffing. A poly finish can be substituted for the wax and buff – at an additional charge. If you would like more than one color, a custom color, glaze or other special finish technique, an extra charge will be applied. Please specifically indicate any additional work at the time of drop off – this includes but is not limited to repairs, cleaning or veneer work.
- Strip and sand service is charged at time ($60.00/hour) and material ($8/layer stripped). An estimate will be provided, but the actual labor time and material will be charge, as it is difficult to anticipate the number of layers that need to be stripped..
- Cane seats and reed woven seats are charged at time ($60.00/hour) and material (cane or fiber cost). These items are time consuming and often get pushed to the back of the work queue. If you are looking for a timely completion of these types of repairs, we encourage you to find a shop that specialized in these repairs.
- In order to keep our inventory current and fresh, we need to have all sold and completed items removed as soon as possible. All purchased items and repairs, customs paint/refinishing should be picked up within 5 business days of purchase or completion. When your item is complete, we will call or email your contact information and will expect a prompt pick up. If you are unable to pick up within the five day period, please let us know as soon as possible and we will schedule a delivery and add the delivery fee to the amount due. Alternatively, you will be charged a daily storage fee of $10 per item per day, starting the sixth day.